Select Job Type
VP Finance & Analytics
With $1.6 Billion in assets, 7 17 Credit Union is a progressive and community-minded financial institution in Ohio offering credit union membership to those who live or work in Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana, Portage, Summit and central Stark counties. With 13 branches, state of the art technology and a solid team, 7 17 Credit Union is able to provide banking services to more than 100,000 members in the greater Youngstown, Warren, Howland, Cortland, Vienna, Kent, Ravenna, Canfield and Canton areas. The credit union has become one of the most respected and financially sound institutions in the industry and has been awarded the NorthCoast 99 which recognizes the credit union as one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio for top talent.
The Credit Union is in search of a financial executive to join their team as the Vice President of Finance & Analytics. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing the financial planning, reporting, and analysis functions within the credit union. The individual in this role will provide strategic direction and guidance for financial initiatives, ensuring accurate reporting, comprehensive analysis, and effective planning to support the credit union’s financial goals. Additionally, working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and members of the Senior Leadership Team, this individual will be a key contributor to the development and execution of the credit union’s Strategic Plan.
- Financial Planning:
- Develop and execute financial strategies aligned with the credit union’s objectives.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial goals. This includes developing cost center budgeting and direct and indirect allocations for all branches and operational and administrative areas of the credit union.
- Drive initiatives to optimize financial performance and operational efficiency, including conducting analysis on product profitability, branch profitability, market performance and profitability, initiative ROI reviews, and vendor cost/benefit analysis.
- In collaboration with the CFO and CLO, coordinate loan asset sale analytics and support capital market strategies. Responsible for MTM adjustments to servicing rights and works with outside vendors to review options for optimization of the credit union’s balance sheet, including reviewing options for pipeline and balance sheet hedging.
- Conducts quarterly operational forecasts of the income statement and balance sheet to support overall execution of the current year budget and plan. Collaborates with outside vendors to conduct multi-year modeling for balance sheet and income statement to support strategy scenario planning and ‘what-if’ analysis.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of financial reports and statements for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates the corporate-wide consolidation of all departmental reports to the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors.
- Provide insightful analysis and interpretation of financial data to support decision-making processes.
- Implement metrics and KPIs to measure and communicate financial performance and monitor the successful execution of the Strategic Plan.
- Prepare analysis on corporate pricing strategies, peer reviews, and WAGY/WANY analysis on product attribute segmentation for deposits and loans.
- Oversee the coordination and preparation of regular daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from all areas of operation from the credit union, including branch operations/profitability, cost center profitability, deposit operations, credit/lending operations, CUSO operations, and any other required corporate reporting.
- Contribute to the development of, monitoring of, and ongoing adjustments to the credit modeling / automated underwriting for both deposit (new account) and lending programs.
- In conjunction with senior leadership and the CEO, prepare monthly and quarterly Allowance reconciliations for Environmental Reserves, Specific Reserves, and CECL Reserves.
- Ensures appropriate reporting to purchased participants for all servicing and monthly reporting in collaboration with Lending.
- Conducts quarterly peer analytics, market share, product/wallet share for membership.
- Conducts CECL analytics using nCino to support Provision calculations.
- With support from third-party partners, responsible for NEV/EVE, net interest income simulation, behavior gap, non-maturity deposit, and other related ALCO analysis.
- Conducts ad-hoc scenario analysis on the balance sheet and income statement for different strategies or initiatives, as directed by the senior leadership team.
- Conducts merger and acquisition analytics on prospective banks, branches, or credit unions and prepares presentations for the CEO and Board of Directors regarding such opportunities.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory standards and reporting requirements.
- Stay updated with changes in regulations and adapt reporting and planning strategies accordingly.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Manage and mentor a team of financial analysts and reporting professionals responsible for member, household, market, and product profitability; marketing campaigns and next best cross-helps and product promotion; credit analytics and pre-approvals, portfolio analytics, asset sale analytics and market/economic value of portfolios under consideration for sale/purchase; and ad-hoc analytics, forecasting, and scenario and budget planning.
- Collaborate with other departments to align financial strategies with organizational objectives.
- Strategic Planning:
- Contribute to the development and execution of the credit union’s strategic plan, including coordinating and assisting in the research and analytics of corporate initiatives and development of corporate strategies.
- Provide guidance and support to senior management in achieving financial goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field required. Advanced degree (MBA, CPA, or CFA) preferred.
- Proven experience in financial planning, reporting, and analysis within the financial industry, preferably within a credit union or banking environment.
- Previous experience in developing reporting for and giving presentations of complicated concepts to senior leadership, the CEO, and the Board of Directors is required.
- The ability to manage a significant work-load of dozens of complex initiatives, projects, and requests from the CEO and multiple members of the Senior Leadership Team is required.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial principles, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience in providing reporting to the CEO and executive leadership, the board of directors, and to all levels of the organization.
Chief Financial Officer
Here at Westerra Credit Union, every employee counts. Our teams are composed of high-performing individuals committed to being HONORABLE, INVENTIVE, and CURIOUS, which makes them GREAT! Our team members show up every day authentically being themselves and our diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) focus is a critical pillar of our organization. We want you to feel comfortable being YOU.
All of our team members are working towards the same purpose - to teach one another to prosper. We strive to be a modern financial community where we all truly belong, both in the eyes of our employees and the members that we serve. We can't wait to see how you will contribute to this purpose, positively and intentionally, by impacting our members’ lives through personal attention, financial education, community engagement and much more. This is true regardless of your role, as we are all member-facing. Founded by schoolteachers in 1934, we are a learning organization at our core and embed a growth mindset in our employees so that we all prosper!
What is the role?
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) oversees the financial strategy and resource management operations of the financial institution and its affiliated company. The CFO plays a key role in the success of the credit union and is a key participant in the development of the credit union’s strategy, the institution’s primary analyst for financial decisions, prepares board reports and other senior-level presentations, leads appropriate asset-liability management, enterprise risk management, merger analysis, product, delivery channel, member and organizational cost and profitability analysis. Establishes and implements strategies that have mid to long-term (3-5 years) impact on business results in alignment with organization objectives.
What will be expected of me?
- Ensures that the strategy of the institution leads to outstanding financial performance
- Considers the potential impacts of future events and environmental scenarios that may affect the performance of the institution and recommending actions to compensate for them (scenario planning)
- Performs analyses of long-range economic and growth trends and potential impacts on the organization and its affiliates and reporting these trends to the Board of Directors
- Provides relevant and concise updates to the Board via appropriate channels
- Directs the creation of Board reports, management reports and dashboards, and all financial reporting
- Serves as the primary liaison to and facilitator for the Supervisory & Audit Committee
- Manages Balance sheet, including the leadership of investment strategies and the execution thereof
- Manages the investment portfolio and liquidity of the organization to maximize returns while maintaining acceptable levels of risk
- Maintains adequate capital planning programs
- Performs in-depth analysis of asset/liability and interest rate risk management Establishes appropriate accounting policies and procedures
- Establishes and monitors appropriate risk management frameworks, activities, controls, and risk assessments
- Manages the audit processes in partnership with the Board’s Audit Committee
- Creates excitement around our culture and employment brand by modeling our Cultural Tenets and Be Statements, enabling our Purpose to drive performance
- Actively prepares and participates in strategic planning process with Chiefs and at Board Planning sessions. Assumes responsibility for providing expertise and recommendations
- Actively prepares and leads R6Q business planning discussions with team by defining priorities and measures, and implementing defined goals with assigned business units
- Provides clear vision and expectations to functions under purview
- Monitors progress of defined goals and measures, on-going
- Leads business towards strategic goals while maintaining culture and engagement, leveraging Q12 best practices
- Consistently demonstrates the Westerra Way Experience and complies with all policies and regulations
- Direct short- and long-term development of employees across the organization
- Responsible for enterprise-wide MOS and strategic goal achievement
- Develops mid to long-term (3-5 years) plans for optimizing the organization and the talent required to execute strategies in the job area
- Responsible for reporting strategic plans and results to Board of Directors
- Actively involved in Credit Union or relevant business related professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
What am I bringing?
- 15+ years of progressive experience in related or similar job roles in the financial services industry
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university
- Master’s degree preferred
- Broader involvement in financial services industry organizations preferred
- Extensive understanding and skill in technical areas such as GAAP and bank or credit union regulatory accounting principles
- Expert level use of management reporting systems and report writing capabilities are required
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent executive presence
- Executive level ability to present
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Business acumen
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, coach, train and develop subordinates
- Demonstrates integrity and builds trust
- Fosters a strong team environment with ability to create win-win solutions
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong technology skills
- Ultimate accountability for the performance of the organization, major functional area, or line of business to the board and membership
- Uses advanced logic to make highly complex judgments with a material impact at the organization level
- Authoritative knowledge and deep understanding of the overall organization and the competitive environment
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives that have a material impact on the organization’s results.
- Can ensure appropriate talent selection, organization and leadership for major areas of the organization
What is the work environment like, and are there physical requirements for this role?
- Flexible, dispersed team environment both on Westerra campus and remote
- Office environment
- Works primarily at desk
Salary: the range for this position is $288,000 - $371,000, subject to board policy on executive salaries, and incentives in accordance with board policy guidelines.
What are some of our benefit offerings?
- Three health plans through UMR that offer a variety of coverage options, including HSA and FSA options
- Two dental plans through Delta Dental
- Basic life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability
- 20+ days of paid time off (PTO) per year
- Anniversary time off that consists of 1+ days of paid leave for each anniversary year (PLAY)
- 16 hours of volunteer time off (VTO) per year
- 11+ paid holidays
- 401(k) that includes up to 6% match
- Up to $5250 per year for educational reimbursement
- Partial paid parental leave
- Mental health resources including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Home office reimbursement for hybrid/remote roles
- Individualized learning and development programs
President / Chief Executive Officer
Georgia Heritage Federal Credit Union is one of the oldest locally owned financial institutions in the Savannah Metropolitan Area. What began on April 15, 1940, as the Union Bag Federal Credit Union became Union Camp Savannah Federal Credit Union in 1966 and finally Georgia Heritage Federal Credit Union in 1999. We expanded further in 2006 when the Credit Union received its community charter, allowing us to serve anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Chatham, Effingham, and Bryan counties and their immediate family members. Today, we take pride in our continued growth as a premier credit union in Georgia.
Because we believe our members should have the knowledge and resources to make the best decisions for their future, our vision is to provide the highest quality financial products and services through innovative technology and education for our members and the communities we serve. The credit union has an engaged board of directors, strong leadership team, member centric culture and is primed for additional growth and opportunity.
Due to an upcoming retirement, Georgia Heritage Federal Credit Union is seeking a forward-thinking, member-centric, community-oriented, results and growth focused servant leader to guide the organization as its next President / Chief Executive Officer. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, planning, and oversight of all Credit Union activities in accordance with policies and objectives established by the Board of Directors. The next CEO must have the ability to work cooperatively with the Board of Directors and management to continue promoting the mission and values of the organization to ensure the continued financial strength and outstanding member service of the Credit Union. The CEO will be a strategist and be responsible for successful and continued growth of the Credit Union while providing effective leadership, oversight, and training of employees. Additional duties include analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of all operations, leading change where necessary and advancing organizational leadership and culture.
This individual will be a visionary, approachable, transparent, emotionally intelligent leader who possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, this mentor will adhere to a team-oriented approach to management and have a strong desire to be an integral part of the community and industry. A passion for the financial services industry, bachelor’s degree, and minimum of five years’ experience in a financial institution at the executive management level is required.
Chief Financial Officer
UMe Credit Union is truly special. Here at UMe, we whole-heartedly embrace the credit union spirit. We believe that it is the relationship between us and our members that matters most. Our members talk, we listen. Our members have dreams, we’re here to help make them happen. U + Me. Together we are better. Together we are UMe.
At UMe, we believe we can never really be finished, we’re always looking for ways to improve, to grow — as a company and as individuals. We are constantly working toward creating the ultimate member experience. We look for creative solutions. We think beyond the financial world. And, we are always looking for how we can do things better.
Currently, we’re looking for the perfect someone to join our leadership team as our Chief Financial Officer — to help us continue to strive toward bigger and better things — together. This is a leadership opportunity for an innovative, analytical, and motivated finance professional with high levels of responsibility and experience who is ready to take the next step. A really great step, with a really great company who has great expectations. This job isn’t for just anyone. It’s for someone really special.
The primary role of the CFO is to provide leadership, oversight, and strategic direction to the accounting and finance functions of the Credit Union. As a member of the senior management team the executive will participate in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives of the Credit Union and serve as a resource in all aspects of its support operations. Responsibilities include financial planning, budget, balance sheet optimization, supervision of accounting staff, accounting systems, regulatory compliance, management of investment portfolio, coordination of audit and federal exams, and management of the Asset Liability Management (ALM) policy, software and will serve as ALM Committee Chair.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Oversees the daily operations of the accounting department. Directs, coordinates, and maintains the accounting and financial activities of the Credit Union. Oversees the current and future financial structure, financial risks, and financial integrity of the Credit Union.
- Actively participates as a member of the Leadership Team. The executive plays an active role and participates in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives of the Credit Union. Serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting and operations.
- Manages and directs the daily operations of the accounting department including hiring, training, and reviewing assigned staff members.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for the industry, be an effective strategist and collaborator with excellent people skills who is devoted to the culture, vision and strategy of the Credit Union. The successful candidate must possess at least five years of progressive experience in a finance or accounting role at a financial institution with at least five years in management. Additional requirements include a complete knowledge of GAAP; excellent understanding of financial institution Asset Liability Management Programs; complete understanding of financial institution governmental regulations and reporting requirements and advanced analytical/technical knowledge pertaining to decision analysis and financial/budget analysis. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or Business Administration also required. Master’s degree and or CPA preferred.
Base salary range is $160,000-$190,000
Chief Experience Officer
Chief Experience Officer - OH
Since 1946, Fremont Federal Credit Union has been passionate about improving the financial lives of its members and has been Committed to Excellence. They deliver the best advice, products, and services to promote healthy financial habits and believe that an energized and empowered team is the pathway to maximizing their mission. They embrace core values of communication, integrity, service, character, and accountability, and believe in perpetual progress. Fremont Federal Credit Union is proud of a culture of continuous development and put the well-being of their members, employees, and community at the center of their focus. With over $330 million in assets and six branches, the credit union is at a pivotal time for expansion and is seeking an inspirational and strategic leader to help drive growth, culture evolution and the member experience as their new Chief Experience Officer.
The Chief Experience Officer is responsible for providing energy, creativity, and meaningful insights to help drive strategic business decisions, direction, and results. Reporting to the President/CEO, the CXO will serve as a strong steward of the credit union’s brand and take responsibility for Fremont Federal’s member experience across all channels. As a member of the Chief Leadership Team, the CXO has executive responsibility for FFCU’s branch network, contact center, marketing team, facilities, and digital experience. Has direct responsibility for the administration and supervision of branch, marketing, and member service functions within established policies and guidelines.
- Empowers, leads, manages, coaches, and develops direct and indirect reports. Ensures performance management, reward and recognition, engagement, and accountability measures within scope of oversight are effective and successful in delivering company strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement a member experience strategy that 1) transforms all member touchpoints through innovation and systemic change; 2) ensures an exceptional, seamless member experience across all channels delivering personalized experiences when possible; 3) optimizes existing systems and leverages new technologies when appropriate to enhance the member experience; and 4) improves overall organizational performance, including the achievement of growth goals.
- Develops, builds, and drives the vision, strategies, and tactical action execution needed in assigned lines of business and areas of focus to achieve the short-term and long-term strategies of the company. Establishes, champions, directs, monitors and be accountable for the key business objectives of assigned lines of business and areas of focus.
- Responsible for revenue generation, expense management, and risk management results of the assigned lines of business and areas of focus. Ensures budgeting, goal setting, business case determinations, and line of business decision making are aligned with and support the company strategic objectives.
- Align the direction and focus for the credit union’s digital assets, branch network, marketing team, and call center with the member experience strategy.
- Develop, implement, and maintain operational procedures to maximize efficiency and quality of work and to provide consistent quality service to members.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as assigned.
The selected candidate will have excellent communication skills, proven leadership, a track record of success and a strategic mindset. Requires a broad knowledge of credit union operations and credit union products and services. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent background, at least 10 years of similar or related experience in either retail operations, member experience, digital, or marketing with at least five years in a management role required. Master’s degree preferred.
President / Chief Executive Officer
Bronco Federal Credit Union has been serving members for over 80 years. Once open to only a select few, the Credit Union now has over $250 Million in assets, serving the cities of Franklin, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and the counties of Isle of Wight and Southampton, Virginia. The Credit Union is one of the strongest financial institutions in the area and is best know for the impact on the community. They are passionate about serving the membership and the community; have a family and employee centric culture; embrace the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People” and are proud to offer a financial experience that is personalized and inviting. It is why they say, “Welcome Home”.
Due to the upcoming CEO retirement, Bronco Federal Credit Union is in search of a community driven executive to join their team as the next President / Chief Executive Officer. The new CEO must have the ability to work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and the team to drive the organization’s vision and values to ensure its continued financial health, outstanding service, and strong community presence in the marketplace. They will be responsible for establishing and executing major goals and objectives of the Credit Union and interpret and implement policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors. They will provide leadership, direction, and guidance of credit union activities; analyze the effectiveness of all operations; and develop and maintain organizational structure and effective personnel. They will also drive the strategic planning process and represent Bronco Federal Credit Union to regulatory agencies, trade associations, community and civic organizations, members, and other financial institutions.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for the industry, be an effective strategist with excellent communication skills who is devoted to the vision, strategy, community involvement and core values of the Credit Union. The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree, at least ten years of progressive experience in the industry with five years’ experience leading a financial institution as a senior executive. Familiarity with the geography and living in a rural environment is also desired.
Executive Vice President
Pasadena Service Federal Credit Union (PSFCU) is a financially-sound, community-driven, family-focused organization that has a passion for serving their membership. At PSFCU, they are your credit union for life, and all moments in between. Since 1936, their products have been designed to fit your needs in every stage of your financial journey. With a pending merger that will increase assets to over $400 Million, the Credit Union is looking for a transformative leader to join their team as the Executive Vice President.
The Executive Vice President will report and work closely with the CEO. This position will need to be well-versed in all aspects of a financial institution and be able to provide leadership and strategic initiatives to increase loan, membership, and income growth. The Executive Vice President will direct and coordinate a broad range of activities toward achieving the Credit Union’s objectives and key metrics, in accordance with policies established by the CEO and the Board of Directors. This position will oversee various departments, with multiple direct reports; the EVP will be a well-organized and dynamic leader, capable of carrying out major initiatives.
The EVP will assist in leading the senior management team and will encourage collaboration and effective communication amongst all team members. The EVP will lead their direct reports as a servant leader and will assist them in the development and execution of individual business plans. Working closely with the CEO, this position will also guide staff on the achievement of scorecard metrics. The EVP will be an ambassador of the Credit Union, representing the organization to regulatory agencies, community and civic organizations, employer groups and other key stakeholders. The EVP is expected to build relationships that will promote the Credit Union and enhance its future success. The EVP serves as the designated “number 2” to the CEO and in many instances, the EVP will participate in outside meetings and events on behalf of the CEO.
The EVP is an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing. This position must work well with individuals at all levels. This will include working on strategic items with the Board of Directors, while being willing to provide “hands on” assistance to an employee or a member with a problem.
This role serves as a positive influence on others by demonstrating a commitment to the Credit Union’s Leadership Competencies: Instilling Shared Vision; Strategic Agility; Emotional Intelligence; Communication Skills; Business Acumen; Relationship Skills; and Developing Individuals and Teams.
Strong background in change management, strategy execution, and driving transformation required. Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business Administration or Finance or, an equivalent level of training and experience also required. Eight to ten (8 to 10) years of similar or related experience in operations and/or lending preferred.
Base compensation range - $150,000-$212,000
VP of Digital Strategy & Innovation - JUST FILLED
With $1.2 Billion in assets, University Credit Union (UCU) is a purpose-driven financial cooperative dedicated to providing everyone in the university community a financial advantage. UCU was founded in 1951, on-campus, by a group of UCLA employees. Over 70 years later, we continue to exclusively serve the university community and have expanded our reach beyond UCLA. We continue to align ourselves with universities and have expanded our reach to numerous universities across California, the West Coast Conference, and the Big West Conference. UCU’s focus has been diversifying and building a foundation for future growth. By partnering with the university community, we can provide products and services tailored to their unique needs.
To best serve our member-owners, UCU delivers on our purpose, to give every member in the university community a financial advantage, by following our three key differentiators:
- We were founded by the University Community for the University Community
- We provide conflict-free unbiased financial advice from certified professionals.
- We guarantee our rates on auto loans, credit cards, consumer loans, and HELOCs are within the top 1% lowest nationwide of all federally insured financial institutions.
To continue their path, UCU is seeking a forward-thinking professional to join their team as the Vice President, Digital Strategy & Innovation. The VP of DSI will lead the development and execution of the credit union’s digital strategy, drive online new account acquisition, and ensure the continuous development of the AI bot to enhance member service. The VP will collaborate with cross-functional teams, stay up-to-date on industry trends, and monitor performance to drive innovation, improve member experience, and achieve organizational goals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digital Journey: lead the development and execution of the credit union’s digital strategy, ensuring alignment with organization goals and member expectations. Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the user experience, increase engagement, and optimize conversion rates across all digital channels.
Online New Account Acquisition: develop and implement strategies to drive online new account acquisition. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the account opening process, streamline workflows, and leverage data analytics to identify opportunities for growth and increase conversion rates.
AI Bot Development: Oversee the on-going development and enhancement of AI bot to serve our members. Define the roadmap for bot capabilities, leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to improve member engagement, enable self-service functionalities, and provide personalized recommendations.
Innovation and Emerging Technologies: stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies related to digital banking, fintech, and consumer experience. Identify and evaluate opportunities to leverage new technologies to drive innovation and improve operational efficiency.
Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with internal stakeholders and peer groups to ensure alignment and successful execution of digital initiatives. Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement across the organization.
Leadership and Team Development: Provide strong leadership, engage and motivate the team, and promote their development. This includes serving as a role model for UCU’s core values and cultural imperatives. Contribute to a thriving team and drive the success of the digital strategy and innovation efforts.
The selected candidate will have a strong understanding of digital banking trends, consumer behavior, and emerging digital and associated technologies; familiarity with Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, and chatbot technologies; and proven track record of driving digital transformation and delivering innovative solutions to significantly enhance user experience. A bachelor’s degree and minimum of seven years’ experience in digital strategy, product management, or related roles within the financial services industry required.
Base pay range of $138k - $173k
Vice President of IT
With over $600 million in assets, Northern Credit Union is a progressive financial institution located in Watertown, NY that serves the counties of Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Oswego, Clinton, Franklin, Onondaga, and Madison. Northern employees are People First, Visionary individuals who treat one another with respect, fairness & compassion. United by their Core Values, they are driven to improve the financial lives of those they serve through empowerment and personalized solutions. Committed to the Mission they are friendly and enthusiastic who work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment that’s a five-time Best Credit Union to Work For winner. As Northern Credit Union continues to grow and succeed, they are looking for an innovative technology leader to join their team as the Vice President of Information Technology.
As a member of the Northern’s Leadership Team, the Vice President of Information Technology (VP of IT) is accountable for recommending, planning, and leading the strategic direction of all IT initiatives. This includes ongoing analysis and implementation of Northern's technology infrastructure to support operational needs and future growth, enhance operational efficiency, and improve the overall member experience. As a visionary leader, the VP of IT provides strategic leadership to the IT Team; and oversees the expansion and optimization of our network through thorough assessments of IT systems and applications. In addition to strategic leadership, the VP of IT plays a vital role in mentoring and developing direct reports, and ensures they are highly engaged and focused individually and collectively as a team. By fostering a people-first approach and leading through a culture of innovation, the VP of IT guides the organization towards consistently meeting and exceeding expectations, all while aligning with Northern's mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
Effectively assists with the development of the Credit Union’s strategic direction by establishing short- and long-term goals by:
- Participating in, and helping to facilitate, strategic planning discussions with Credit Union stakeholders, including Board and Supervisory Committee members.
- Taking accountability for overseeing the successful implementation of business plans including specific short-term and long-term strategic goals for the IT team in support of the Credit Union’s overall initiatives.
- Keeping informed of relevant developments, regulations, best practices, innovations, trends, market conditions, emerging technological advances, and competitor activities. Provides timely, insightful, pertinent analysis and recommendations to identify opportunities that create strategic advantages for the Credit Union.
- Leading the development of the annual IT budget and participating in the preparation of the annual Finance and Operations plan.
Provides inspirational leadership in pursuit of becoming the Standard of Excellence by:
- Effectively articulating a clear and compelling vision for the IT Team, aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Coaching and inspiring the IT Leadership to reach their maximum potential, encouraging all IT team members to take ownership for their respective department duties and responsibilities, achieving results that positively impact internal and external owners as well as business objectives.
- Being chiefly responsible for the selection, professional development, and performance evaluation of the IT Leadership team. Sets performance standards for areas of oversight, assesses individual progress toward meeting these standards, and coaches the leadership team toward improving performance.
- Providing guidance and support to team leaders, provides internal owners with opportunities for growth in the understanding and application of leadership skills and techniques in credit union business and information security management.
- Directing IT Leadership to ensure that the department is properly staffed, efficiently operated, and consistently focused on delivering outstanding service to internal and external vendor/members.
Displays a high level of leadership by taking an active role the IT Team’s vision through:
IT Strategic growth:
- Leading in the development of the annual technology plan, aligning it with Northern’s strategic objectives by identifying priorities, assessing current infrastructure and systems, and defining a roadmap for future technology investments.
- Overseeing and participating in the execution of the annual technology plan in partnership with IT Leadership; ensuring the plan supports business growth, enhances operational efficiency, and drives innovation.
- Developing plans for implementation of new projects, coordinating processes with Key Leadership Team members and project leaders, all while providing well-defined deliverables including policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a proactive approach, continuously monitoring, and assessing changing trends in technology that impact regulations in the credit union industry ensuring the department remains compliant while adapting to financial industry shifts to drive and maintain a competitive edge.
- Developing and implementing vendor management strategies to optimize IT vendor relationships and ensure the delivery of high-quality products and services.
IT Governance and Regulatory Compliance:
- Working closely in designing new IT-related polices with legal and third-party compliance vendors all while ensuring the IT Team updates and effectively communicates changes to applicable leaders and throughout the organization.
- Regularly analyzing IT policies, standards, and objectives, in addition to directing necessary system training sessions.
- Proactively ensuring the organization’s IT practices and policies are consistently audited along with ensuring timely and accurate reporting of recommendations and action plans to address findings.
- Overseeing IT general controls and testing on an annual basis and provides board a report of its outcomes.
- Ensuring Northern is in compliance with all IT and data Federal and State compliance and security regulations.
- Ensures IT required annual audits are scheduled, coordinated, and performed in a timely manner. Responsible for directing audit finding resolutions withing the acceptable timeline.
- Overseeing the creation and development of ITO ’s disaster recovery plan and IT components of Northern’s Business Continuity Plan in partnership with IT Leadership, Facilities Leadership, Northern’s Security Officer, and other applicable leaders in maintaining a plan for the network.
IT Infrastructure and Operations:
- Collaborating with the IT leadership team and applicable IT vendor partners to assess and address potential vulnerabilities, implementing appropriate controls and safeguards.
- Developing performance standards for the network and making the appropriate configurations.
- Consistently implementing and monitoring controls to ensure network standards are maintained to provide Internal Owners with a fast, accurate, and a secure method to access information in order that members can be served in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Developing and maintaining the strategy and future direction of LAN technologies, protocols, voice over IP, telecommunications, hardware, and software.
- Proactively monitoring emerging threats and trends in cybersecurity and, in conjunction with Northern’s Security Officer, implementing measures to protect the organization’s sensitive data and information assets.
- Ensuring IT Leadership effectively coordinates efforts with relevant department leaders to ensure accuracy and seamless integration of systems and applications across different functional areas.
- Developing IT department’s Request for Proposals (RFP), and overseeing the vendor selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing vendor performance management.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive IT leadership experience. Experience within a Financial Institution is preferred.
- Broad background in the IT field such as system development, information security, disaster recovery, vendor management and operations. Experience with banking and financial services software preferred.
- PMP and CISSP certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of regulatory standards and compliance requirements relevant to the financial industry preferred.
- Expertise in strategic visioning, planning, and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Show a demonstrated relevant experience in building and sustaining relationships in partnership and expertise in leading multiple functional areas.
- Possesses relevant expertise with financial products, services, and delivery channels and critical and conceptual thinking skills to observe and analyze data to innovate new methods, techniques, or processes to integrate issues and factors into a practical framework.
- Possess positive influencing skills to bring others to new thinking and mindset.
- Proven, high-level experience of decision-making within the discipline and authority of the role.
- Demonstrate an embodied self-clarity and self-accountability as well as strong coaching skills for the development of others.
- A strategic thinker and change agent with an ability to inspire internal owners at all levels of the organization to reach their fullest potential in support of Northern’s vision.
- Is responsible for the annual IT vendor’s management completion. Assist in the organizational annual vendor management process by timely completing other vendor IT controls reviews.
Salary Range – $154,590.00 - $202,899.00
Chief Marketing Officer
A confidential financial institution is looking for a full-time, remote Chief Marketing Officer to join their team. This position can be located anywhere in the United States and will manage a diverse team. This individual will improve upon the institution’s competitive position, consistent with its mission, within the markets served; develop objectives, digital strategy, policies and programs for marketing and public relations activities; plan, direct, and coordinate the efforts of marketing and business development toward the accomplishment of overall objectives.
Specific functions include:
- Will be instrumental in building upon the marketing digital strategy of the organization.
- Directs all advertising promotions for products and services; develops advertising programs and collateral materials.
- Develops, proposes, gains acceptance for and implements strategic plans designed to meet the short- and long-term marketing and organizational objectives.
- Directs marketing planning, including an analysis of competitive products/services techniques, legislation, budgets, pricing and distribution.
- Conducts market research and recommends product/service modifications or improvements.
- Promotes and enhances the image of the institution. Oversees event planning. Coordinates special events; monitors planning, schedules, and implementation as required for proper execution of each event. Coordinates the annual meeting, including production of reports, facilities and meeting logistics. Participates in events and activities as required.
- Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work of direct reports: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations from subordinates.
The selected candidate will be a digital strategist and have a history of demonstrated success in marketing with a strategic mindset, excellent leadership and communication skills and have experience building a team. A passion for the industry, eight plus years’ experience in marketing with a minimum of 5 years in management required. A bachelor's degree, or achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree, also required. Experience working with a bank, credit union or Fintech is required. This is a full-remote position but may be required to be at the corporate headquarters once per quarter.
Base compensation $200,000-$250,000
Chief Experience Officer - JUST FILLED
With over $275 million in assets, Edwards Federal Credit Union has a strong heritage of over 60 years serving the hard-working families and individuals in the Antelope Valley and the dedicated employees of Edwards Air Force Base. The Credit Union is dedicated to the Credit Union philosophy of “People Helping People” and are committed to providing service to their members striving to make smart financial decisions. This community focused financial institution is seeking a growth minded, community driven, and collaborative leader to join their organization as their next Chief Experience Officer (CXO).
Reporting to the President/CEO, this newly created position will drive the member experience on a day-to-day basis to include all facets of retail operations, digital strategy, lending, marketing & business development to assure a profitable outcome while supporting a member-focused culture. The CXO creatively communicates, inspires and creates a culture of high engagement throughout the organization and will focus on strategies for improvement in key areas including membership growth and community involvement. They will also be responsible for safeguarding financial stability, maximizing operating performance, and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interests of the members, the employees, and the credit union.
The selected candidate will have excellent communication skills, proven leadership, a track record of success and a strategic mindset. A bachelor’s degree, at least 10 years of financial institution experience in either retail operations, digital, lending or marketing with at least five years in a management role required. Being active in the community and the ability to reliably commute to the Antelope Valley, also required.
Compensation - $160,000 - $210,000 base salary plus benefits
President / Chief Executive Officer
Horizons North Credit Union was founded in May of 1960 as the School District 12 Credit Union. In November of 2000, the Credit Union changed their name to Horizons North Credit Union and is a full-service financial institution serving the needs of the Metro North area, the staff, parents and students of the Adams 12 Five Star Schools District, the City of Northglenn, and many other local community partners in the Metro North area. From its original roots of the school district the credit union has expanded to include multiple “Select Employee Groups” as well as anyone that lives or works in the City of Westminster, Adams, Broomfield, or Denver Counties. The credit union has always embraced the philosophy of credit unions and has a culture that is community driven, member centric, family oriented and believes that “Better Banking Begins With Membership.”
The credit union has a dedicated board of directors, is primed for additional growth and opportunity and is looking for a community driven, results focused, and collaborative leader to lead this organization as their next President / Chief Executive Officer. The CEO will direct the overall operations of the Credit Union with the objective of ensuring financial stability commensurate with the best interests of its members; establishing short-term and long-range strategic objectives, plans, and policies subject to the approval of the Board of Directors; and representing the Credit Union within the community and SEG’s (Select Employee Groups). Additional duties will be to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of all operations, leading change where necessary; develop and maintain organizational structure; and develop and retain effective, member focused and accountable leaders. The CEO will also represent the credit union effectively to regulatory agencies, membership, SEG’s, community and civic organizations, and trade associations.
The successful candidate will be a visionary, community driven, emotionally intelligent with a strong desire for continuous improvement, and have an understanding of the credit union’s cooperative purpose. They will also possess strong leadership and interpersonal abilities; solid organizational, analytical, and tactical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage, and direct others effectively; and be a champion for their members, the community, and their employees. At least 8 years of progressive experience at a financial institution with a minimum of 6 years in management and a bachelor’s degree required.
President / Chief Executive Officer - JUST FILLED
Approaching $300 million in assets located in Syracuse NY, SECNY Federal Credit Union is one of the most reputable, member centric and family-oriented credit unions in the industry. Chartered in 1971 with their original field of membership encompassing most school districts in Central New York with several municipalities and industries; SECNY expanded its charter as a community credit union in 2001 offering membership to any person working, living, worshipping, attending school, or businesses and legal entities in Onondaga, Madison, Oswego and Cayuga counties. Their core values of Service, Education, Community, Collaboration, and Innovation can be seen through their mission statement “to cultivate lasting relationships that nurture and strengthen our communities. We create thriving partnerships with our members by promoting financial responsibility through education.”
Due to the upcoming retirement of their CEO, SECNY Federal Credit Union is looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic, community-driven, results-focused, and collaborative leader to lead this organization into the future as its next President / Chief Executive Officer. The CEO is responsible for planning and directing all credit union activities in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors. Responsible for ensuring the credit union's financial stability in a manner which best serves the interests of its members, employees and the credit union itself as well as projects a positive attitude to the public as a representative of the credit union. Additional duties will be to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of all operations, leading change where necessary; develop and maintain organizational structure; and develop and retain effective, member-focused, leaders.
The successful candidate will be a visionary, a team player, emotionally intelligent with strong social skills, a strong desire for continuous improvement, and have an understanding of the credit union’s cooperative purpose. They will also possess strong leadership and interpersonal abilities; solid strategic, organizational, analytical, and tactical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage, and direct others effectively; demonstrate commitment to education and be active in the community and industry. Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from a four-year college or university; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Familiarity or ties to Central New York preferred.